The Fluffington Post is seeking a very part-time humor writer to create satirical news stories about adorable animals.
What we need:
- The ability to source compelling original images from around the web and social networks and attribute content to its owner.
- The ability to write hilarious, punchy copy in the style of a news media publication.
- Familiarity with social networks (Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook) and the timely news that breaks on them.
What you get:
- Exposure. Your work and social media profile will be seen and shared by thousands of readers who love a good laugh.
- The opportunity to work with online media pros who know everyone in the industry.
- The possibility of pay in the future (unfortunately, this position is unpaid, but we are working hard to change that).
This position is ideal for a student with a knack for web culture who’s looking to flex his/her wit in front of a large audience. It’s a great resume/clip builder, and an opportunity to work closely with experienced web writers.
If this describes you, please send a note to email@example.com, along with a sample of your writing and links to relevant blogs and social accounts. Include [JOB] at the front of the subject line so we know you’re not sending us a cat picture.